There are two ways to keep going once the initial training package is done. Some clients continue to continue regular weekly sessions while others just check in from time to time.
Here are some reasons to continue with regular training:
- With a weekly session, I can hold you accountable on a more regular basis.
- Sometimes, it is important to make day-to-day adjustments based on how a troubled body part is responding or how you are feeling in general. If you are at the end of a very stressful day or fighting off a cold, a workout that is too challenging can do more harm than good.
- Some clients, with all of their best efforts, still don’t feel comfortable doing strength training exercises without the confidence of knowing they are doing it correctly.
If you do decide to only check in from time to time, here are some of the things that you need to do to make sure you continue your progress:
- You will come to the gym for your workouts even if you don’t have me waiting for you each time.
- You will continue to add weight and challenge yourself even though I’m not there to force you to.
- You will not stop at just 2 or 3 routine sets of a particular thing. You’ll push yourself to get some more even when you aren’t sure if you can complete them.
- If you do miss a day or two because life got in the way, you’ll return to your workouts without me hounding you down to get back in.
- You’ll be smart on a day that you aren’t feeling well and won’t make it worse by pushing too hard. And when you are back to normal, you’ll get back to your tougher workout. Sometimes this is the toughest one.
If you think you can stick with a program, then an initial package followed by check-up sessions could be right for you. On the other hand, if you don’t think you can stick with it on your own, we can continue with regular training.